Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween!

Today, we are 2 weeks closer to my favorite day of the year.  Halloween is magical.  You know the Bruce Springsteen line "Wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face?"  It might be the best line ever, to sum me up as a woman.  I love to change, and I love that Halloween let's me live in this magical place for one night a year.  It also hits me that my other favorite holidays are fastly approaching - Thanksgiving and most importantly Christmas.  The days get much shorter here (as little as 5 hours of sunlight/day) and there is snow on the ground.  Its just... magical!

I usually put a lot of thought into my costume...placed 4th out of 1000 in a competition in Falls Church, VA, 2010 Halloween, for Lady Gaga, and invested a good amount of money into my costume that I'd never wear again. This is the first year, I am down to the wire, and going to have to settle on something that I did not create myself.  Nevertheless, it looks amazing, and I'm excited to wear it.  My other favorite person in my life bought their costume today, because I insisted I wasn't doing it alone this year.

So is it weird that a 31 y/o is obsessed with dressing up on Halloween?  I don't think so.  While you'll be passing out candy at home and dreading the late Trick-O-Treaters, I'll be having one of the best nights of my life.  You only live once!  BTW...my costume is a secret!

The infamous Bjork swan dress - 2011, Anchorage, AK

Lady Gaga - 2010, Falls Church, VA

The Watchmen! - 2009, Georgetown, Washington, D.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment